Oasis Academy Pinewood in Romford is celebrating after education inspectors, Ofsted, declared it to be ‘Good’, with ‘Outstanding’ provision for pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare, three years after becoming an Oasis Academy.
Following a visit in October, school inspectors from Ofsted found that Oasis Academy Pinewood, Thistledene Avenue off Collier Row, has effective teaching, good progress rates across the school, excellent provision of safeguarding, and happy pupils.
Amongst the many positive findings from the report, Ofsted summarised that:
- ‘Since joining the Oasis Academy Trust, leaders have driven improvements. The school leaders’ ambition and vision have successfully improved outcomes for pupils across the school.’
- ‘The appointment of the new principal has already raised aspirations for pupils’ achievement.’
- ‘Teaching is good across the school. This results in strong progress in lessons and over time for pupils, particularly the most able, in reading, writing and mathematics.’
- ‘Behaviour is exemplary and pupils take great pride in their work. They are engaging and enjoy their time at school.’
- ‘The school’s promotion of pupil welfare is outstanding. All staff take great care to ensure pupils receive the right support. As a result pupils thrive in their time at school.’
The inspectors highlighted how the raised expectations of the school’s leaders, and the work by teachers to raise pupils’ aspirations, leads to high quality teaching at the Academy. Lessons are well-planned and the children are challenged so as to deepen their understanding and subsequently pupil progress is strong, especially in key stage 1 and for disadvantaged children.
Ofsted also reports that the Academy is particularly strong in how it nurtures the pupils’ person development and cares for their welfare. Thanks to extremely strong relationships across the school and a focus on developing each child as an individual, pupils feel confident in engaging with adults and one another, and in developing their curiosity as learners. Pupils report feeling safe, and parents are very complimentary about how the school cares for their children, and how in return, their children love coming to the Academy.
Commenting on the report, Principal of Oasis Academy Pinewood Jenni Elliot, says:
“At Oasis Academy Pinewood our number one priority is our pupils; we want to provide them with a safe and encouraging environment where they can happily learn together with confidence.”
“I am delighted by this Ofsted report which has found what those involved with the Academy already know; that this is a good school filled with dedicated staff who come to work each day to raise our children’s aspirations, nurture them while they grow into well-rounded individuals, and ultimately support them to fulfil their full potential.”
“Following this report, there is no complacency. I am determined that Oasis Academy Pinewood continues to improve so that we might do our very best for our children, and provide the ‘Outstanding’ school that this community so richly deserves."
To read the full report, please click here.